It was great speaking to you all, and I hope that out paths will cross again at some point. In the meantime, I wanted to provide you with some additional materials in case you wanted to follow up on any of the concepts that I covered in my talk. First, the slides from the talk, in handy flash form:
Below is a list of (when available) publicly-accessible versions of the papers sourced in the talk as well as some other items that I thought might be useful:
- Market Failures and Public Goods
- Amy Finkelstein, “EZ-Tax: Tax Salience and Tax Rates” (also see here for some commentary)
- The Basics of Externalities
- Pigouvian taxes to combat externalities
- When corrective taxes go awry, hybrid edition
- The British Window Tax
- Jaffa cakes and the VAT
- Who actually pays luxury taxes?
- Behavioral economics and tax refunds
- Tax rebates and windfall spending
- Behavioral economics and tax compliance (or in the context of hotel towels, if you prefer)
If you have any follow-up questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me at econgirl at economistsdoitwithmodels dot com. In addition, I’m always interested in speaking to different types of groups on various economic topics, so please drop me a line if you have something in mind and we can discuss further.