Disclaimer: Please don’t ever use any of these on me. (Well, maybe number 3. Maybe.) From Modified Rapture:
The Top Ten Lines for Hitting on an Economist
1. You’ve got the curves to supply my demand!
2. Let’s go to bed and try to disprove the law of diminishing marginal utility.
3. You’re my very favorite kind of moral hazard.
4. I have a feeling you really understand the “nature of the firm.”
5. Baby, I love you so much I’m willing to forgo my exit option.
6. Wanna talk about our private goods?
7. You’re an economist. I’m an economist. How about a little horizontal integration?
8. Now those are some tangible assets!
9. I’ll reveal my preferences if you will.
And the very best pick up line to catch your own economist, as well as the filthiest thing ever said in public by an economist (and I include various jokes I’ve heard at cocktail parties) is brought to us by the dynamic duo of Roberts and Papola, and comes straight from their new Hayek/Keynes rap video.
10. Bottom up or top down?
Sigh. What does it say about me that I am sad that there is no Slutsky reference here? (Though I suppose that would make for a pretty terrible pick up line.) Furthermore, I am pretty sure that the line above is not the filthiest thing ever said in public by an economist, if for no other reason than this is the menu at the bar my friends and I stopped at on the way to New York last night: