Random Link: “Overthinking It” And Machetenomics…

September 22nd, 2010 · 12 Comments
Random Links

I am beginning to think that I hang out with more comedians and comedian-adjacent folks than the average person. Case in point: my friend John Perich (an actual normal friend- we didn’t even meet on the Internet or anything) does comedy with ImprovBoston and also is one of the writers for Overthinking It. OTI’s tag line is “Overthinking It subjects the popular culture to a level of scrutiny it probably doesn’t deserve,” and that pretty much tells you all that you need to know.

Now that I think about it, I think I also hang out with more economics people than the average person- this wouldn’t be surprising except that I seem to gravitate towards them somewhat randomly. For example, I met Perich at Wednesday night karaoke (don’t you dare judge) and later found out that he had studied economics at Boston College. Therefore, it didn’t surprise me when I received the following from his this morning:

Hey Professor,

There’s a post up on OTI today that talks about public choice theory and rent-seeking, as applied to the Robert Rodriguez film “Machete”. You or your readers might be interested.

He was right, at least with regard to the part about me being interested. I suppose I can let you decide for yourself, and you can read the post here.

Also, in case you wanted photographic evidence that I do have friends in a non-Internet context…if you look closely, you can even see the karaoke equipment.

Tags: Random Links

• 1 Alex Rodriguez // Sep 23, 2010 at 12:32 pm

I feel like this might be a stab at you, it’s the caption under a pic of Michelle Rodriguez in a revealing outfit

“There’s a terrible joke about demand curves here. You make it; I’m tired.”

hahaha

• 2 detektiv frankfurt // Sep 7, 2011 at 2:32 pm

I don’t actually understand how how this is much different between the Daily News printing this or some internet blog. Content like this must to be administered out more to the public. I wish that someone else in the USA would want to take a stance like this.

• 3 doudoututu // Sep 9, 2011 at 12:34 pm

You ought to be a component of a contest for just one of the best blogs on the internet. I will recommend this website!

• 4 bridal hair stylist // Oct 13, 2011 at 1:47 pm

Thanks for the information… appreciated… been reading for awhile, and only want to inform you I continue to enjoy your writing.

• 5 debian vps // Dec 11, 2011 at 10:17 am

Amazing blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring writers? I’m hoping to start my own blog soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you suggest starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I’m totally confused .. Any ideas? Thanks!

• 6 Game Of War Cheat // Apr 8, 2014 at 8:37 pm

Locust Jailer Document – Shortly following your chapter starts,
    head oon the stairs and have a right. A seemingly contradictory
    statgement but it is something we do in your fighting techinques fighting on a regular basis e.
    Water and power supplies happen to be blocked and schools, roads, houses
    and gardens were full of unexploded submunitions if thee field research because of this report waas undertaken one month following your ceasefire.

• 7 Battle Alert Hack // Nov 19, 2015 at 7:58 am

It’s amazing in favor of me to have a site, which is useful for my experience.
    thanks admin

• 8 Brave of Frontier Hack // Dec 2, 2015 at 2:51 pm

I believe everything posted was very logical.
    However, what about this? suppose you composed a catchier title?
    I ain’t suggesting your information is not good., however suppose you added a headline that makes
    people want more? I mean Random Link: Overthinking It
    And Machetenomics is kinda vanilla. You could look at Yahoo’s
    front page and note how they create news headlines to get people to
    open the links. You might try adding a video or a picture or two to
    grab readers excited about what you’ve got to say.
    In my opinion, it could bring your website a little bit more interesting.

• 9 Dragon Story Hack // Dec 12, 2015 at 4:37 pm

Thanks for finally writing about > Random Link: Overthinking It
    And Machetenomics < Liked it!

• 10 Top Eleven Hack // Dec 15, 2015 at 12:43 pm

Thanks for finally writing about > Random Link:
    Overthinking It And Machetenomics < Loved it!

• 11 Knights and Dragon Hack // Dec 21, 2015 at 4:20 am

I read this post completely on the topic of the resemblance of most
    up-to-date and preceding technologies, it’s awesome article.

• 12 Dr Driving Hack // Dec 25, 2015 at 3:53 am

I am actually glad to read this website posts which contains tons
    of useful facts, thanks for providing these data.