Come say hi! This weekend/week is the Annual Meeting of the American Economic Association, and I will be floating around in all of my “I’m not quite sure what I’m supposed to be doing here” glory. Oh yeah, and I’m giving a talk, which I just learned is open to the public:
AEA Economics Humor Session in Honor of Caroline Postelle Clotfelter
Sunday Jan 3 at 8 pm at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis www.marriott.com] room A704. Free and open to the public!
- Merle Hazard [www.merlehazard.com] (“Busted Dreams and Cheatin’ Hearts: The Credit Crisis, Nashville-Style”)
- Hugo Mialon of Emory University (“The Economics of Faking Ecstasy”)
- Jodi N. Beggs [www.economistsdoitwithmodels.com] of Harvard University (“Economists Do It with Models”)
- Stand-up economist Yoram Bauman [www.standupeconomist.com] (“What to Expect When You’re Expecting the Nobel Prize”).
- Kenneth West of the University of Wisconsin will be presiding.
Happy New Year everyone!