“Graphic” Content, How I Met Your Mother Edition…

October 15th, 2009 · 18 Comments
Just For Fun

This is not specifically econ-related, but it’s nerdy and HILARIOUS and I’ve been looking for it online for a while. Hat tip to Tim Schilling for totally making my day. I’m going to go make some graphs now.

In honor of the occasion, I’ve made a pie chart of my favorite bars…

…and a bar graph of my favorite pies*. 🙂

* Bars represent percentage of total pie consumption

Tags: Just For Fun

• 1 Mike P // Oct 15, 2009 at 2:49 pm

Oh my god, my favorite economist and my favorite TV show all in one blog entry! Sweet!

• 2 Katie // Oct 15, 2009 at 2:57 pm

You need to get the crazy/hot scale up here!

• 3 econgirl // Oct 15, 2009 at 3:10 pm

Funny you mention that. I do like it, but I am pretty sure that Barney’s argument regarding the Vicky Mendoza diagonal has the axes reversed and it bugs me. (And yes, I have way too much time on my hands.)

• 4 econgirl // Oct 15, 2009 at 3:14 pm

Here you go:

See, he decreases on the crazy axis when he should be increasing on the hot axis…unless losing 10 pounds and getting a boob job makes one less crazy, which I find to be pretty unlikely. 🙂

• 5 Dan L // Oct 15, 2009 at 3:53 pm

You should change your bar graph to something like, “Quantity of pies consumed in a year,” or something like that. Otherwise, it’s a completely inappropriate use of a bar graph.

• 6 Sean // Oct 15, 2009 at 3:54 pm

The Deep Ellum bit threw me for a loop for a minute there.

• 7 econgirl // Oct 15, 2009 at 4:05 pm

@ Dan: I find bar charts easier to read, even for relative proportions. I also may not have wanted to publicize my overall level of pie consumption.

• 8 Adam Nobles // Oct 15, 2009 at 5:08 pm

Mo’ Key Lime Pie, mo’ problems.

• 9 Annabel // Oct 15, 2009 at 6:08 pm

Amusing. That’s a great show. Bar Lola would be my top bar, because it was basically my home, followed by 6b, which was my study break spot. Minibar and Match are nice too.

• 10 Vicki // Oct 16, 2009 at 12:37 pm

Just when I thought this clip couldn’t get any better, it totally does! Where are the bars located? Are they all in Boston?

• 11 econgirl // Oct 16, 2009 at 1:17 pm

The first 3 are in Boston, the 4th is in Allston and the last two are in Cambridge. For some reason, deciding on my favorite bars was more difficult than deciding on my favorite pies…

• 12 Justin Fengler // Oct 18, 2009 at 10:46 pm

So glad that you added a HIMYM clip on here! Maybe you could do an article regarding Barney Stinson’s ‘Crazy/Hot Scale’!

• 13 Alex Rodriguez // Oct 21, 2009 at 12:32 am

hey so the video you posted has been marked private due to idk, copy rights or something? i tried looking for it but to no avail, is it possible you could find it again and give a link? i want to show it to a friend of mine

• 14 econgirl // Oct 22, 2009 at 2:00 pm

Gah, I can’t seem to find it. Try searching for “How I Met Your Mother” and “Intervention” or “charts” or something. I don’t really understand why CBS gets so cranky about people putting clips up, since it’s great publicity for their shows…you could also try hulu:

I didn’t look through all the clips to see if it was there, but the episode you are looking for is entitled “Right Place Right Time” and is season 4, episode 22:

(I am strangely amused that you referred to yourself as A-Rod and you are comment number 13. Just saying. Oh, and go Phillies. 🙂 )

• 15 Alex Rodriguez // Oct 22, 2009 at 5:14 pm

haha, its actually my real name, the 13 was complete coincidence. i’m a red sox fan all the way, don’t doubt that. thanks for reminding me about hulu, i always forget about it!

• 16 econgirl // Oct 24, 2009 at 2:30 pm

I also saw a commercial for an online TV site that said it had episodes of HIMYM, but I can’t remember the name of it. (Advertising FAIL) You should be able to google and figure something out though…

Or you could get the episode on iTunes, though that is not free:

• 17 comment avoir de l argent // Jun 28, 2014 at 8:18 pm

I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you design this website yourself or did you hire someone to do
    it for you? Plz respond as I’m looking to construct my own blog and would like
    to find out where u got this from. kudos

• 18 www.Methodeargent.net // Apr 4, 2015 at 10:40 am

Rebrousse-poil extorquer des imperator distincts apparts, hihi, brasillé pénates abusivement acceptée verso ça 🙂