Videos: More On The PPF, Comparative Advantage And The Gains From Trade…

September 17th, 2009 · 7 Comments
Videos

Ha. So, despite the fact that the first set of videos was way more challenging (and awkward) than I was expecting, I managed to suck it up and try again. It was slightly less awkward this time, and there were no weird dog noises in the background, so hopefully that trajectory will continue.

The first video that I did is a generalization of the
first video on the Production Possibilities Frontier. Reader Stephen rightly pointed out that I wasn’t clear in the initial example that I was only considering 4 options for production rather than the whole spectrum. The video below shows the whole PPF:

The next two videos are parts 1 and 2 in a series on comparative advantage and the gains from trade. I meant for the whole thing to be under the 10 minute limit, but it got too hard to edit down without sacrificing content.

As always, you can see the videos page here and my YouTube channel here.

Tags: Videos

• 1 Keynes sipping Champagne // Sep 20, 2009 at 2:09 am

You may want to rename this website “Economists Fail With Models.”

You have misunderstood the concept of opportunity cost and the production possibilities frontier and are way too rigid in your example and parameters. The real world does not work that way and you should know that by now Miss PhD if you ever actually worked in the real world for a day in your life.

• 2 John C. // Sep 20, 2009 at 9:24 pm

You’re a girl?! Awesome!! By the way I really enjoy reading all the articles and seeing the stripper chic at the top.

• 3 econgirl // Sep 21, 2009 at 2:10 pm

Hehe, yes, I am a girl. I would like to direct your attention to the following post:

• 4 econgirl // Sep 21, 2009 at 2:11 pm

@ Keynes: My mom thinks that you should be nicer to people on the Internet. =P

• 5 Internet Marketing // Oct 20, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Couldn’t get arrived at the best moment. Great posting

• 6 Darius Oberst // Dec 15, 2011 at 12:29 am

This is a terrific website, will you be concerned in carrying out an job interview related to how you intended it? In that case e-mail me!

• 7 raze 2 game // Dec 26, 2014 at 5:25 am

Level 13 and 14 of Raze have the same level design as
    level 6, the spaceship interior with low gravity.
    Zygor guides has long been at the forefront of the wave
    of leveling guides for World of Warcraft. That seems to be the case in Raze and not much more.